2.0 Dive into an interesting story

• Read or recall Hannah’s protocol and briefly flesh out what happened in the conference meeting.
  • Imagine that Hannah receives an answer from her friend Rory the next morning.
  • Read the message:
Dear Hannah,
thank you for stepping in for me at the conference meeting. You really saved the day.  It seems you encountered one of the more interesting meetings :) In my experience, a  research integrity policy would be desirable.
Did I already tell you that one partner (we can call him 07) from our international collaboration asked me to store their data recently? At first, I was surprised about the odd request – 07 just asked us bluntly via email to store the data. After a few emails back and forth I found out that their (very prestigious) institution had restricted data protection rules and 07 was trying to bypass them by using us. After thinking about it for a while I refused to store the data. Even if it’s not legally forbidden, I assume that these data are ethically questionable. Seriously, 07‘s last email ended with this: YOUR INSTITUTION DOESN‘T  HAVE A CODE OF CONDUCT! IF YOU DO NOT STORE THE DATA WE WILL NO  LONGER CONSIDER YOU A PARTNER IN THIS COLLABORATION.... see what I mean
about needing a research integrity policy?
:) I just realised I’ll be in your neighbourhood on Wednesday evening. Do you have time for a drink? I can tell you the rest of 07‘s story... but only if you want! Promise!!
Best,  R

• Flesh out the challenges of the collaboration in Rory’s e-mail to Hannah.
  • Submit a short summary in 2 or 3 sentences (Subject: collaboration).

<<<

(Все още няма теми за дискусия в този форум)